New and Improved

Friends, this is the newer updated blog, different from the old one. The previous blog can be found here: http://jcopelandauthor.blogspot.com/
but I will no longer be posting to it.

Thursday, March 31, 2022

After Jackie FINALLY in bookstores!

 March 31, 2022

Hi, Everyone!

     Well, it took a long, LONG time, but After Jackie is FINALLY in bookstores - yippee!  The last year has been challenging for everyone on multiple fronts, and the world of publishing has also had its own "ups-and-downs," to say the least. Publishers have had to deal with everything from printing problems to distribution problems - and everything in between. Electronic sales have been very strong, but for many readers, part of the true joy of reading is just holding a book in the hands.  Yes, electronic devices sure make storage of books a snap, but there is just something special about having a copy of the book right in front of you while diving into the pages. At long last, After Jackie is on the shelves for those who love this experience. I'll attach a couple pictures of the shelves at Barnes & Noble. The good folks at B & N have been very good to me and other writers during this very difficult time for everyone. Hopefully, more and more of the independent bookstores will be able to carry the books as well.  We NEED the independent bookstores, now more than ever. 

      Originally, a 12-city book tour was scheduled for the release of After Jackie, but most groups are still not getting together because of pandemic concerns.  That is probably a wise decision in many cases, but it is still frustrating for me because I love going out and visiting with readers. The exchanges during the in-person events are so wonderful and special. Still, the health of everyone must take center-stage, so I get why in-person events/readings are probably still off in the distance quite a ways. I've been doing some Zoom sessions and a few radio programs to talk about the book, but I"m ready to be out on the road -- as I'm sure most people are as well.

    For those of you who have read the book, please jot me a message if you have the time and let me know what you thought about the stories. If I can't go on the road to meet with you, I'd love to hear what you have to say, even if it is via e-mail exchange.

   I'll sign off for now.  Everyone -- please take care -- and stay well!

     Happy reading!




Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment